Wetherby is an award-winning floral market town nestled on the banks of the River Wharfe. The town is equidistant from Edinburgh and London (198 miles or 319km) and this central location means it has served as a staging post for countless travellers over the years. Nowadays Wetherby has developed into a busy market town. It still retains its Thursday Market which was first granted by Royal Charter in 1240 and the centre is full of interesting shops.
Two attractions not to be missed are its cinema which dates back to 1915 and Sandringham Park which was awarded a prestigious Green Flag Award. There are many other treasures to explore among Wetherby’s streets and a Historical Trail guides visitors around town giving them a fascinating insight into Wetherby’s colourful past. Be sure to check it out before you watch the riders pass.
- There is free parking throughout town
- Make sure you visit the great selection of independent shops
- Free WiFi in the town centre
- Follow @wetherbycouncil on Twitter & Facebook
- Download the Wetherby Visitor guide here
Wetherby Fact File
- Population: 7,280
- Shire county: North Yorkshire
- Races that start in Tadcaster: Para-Cycling Road Races (C1 Event)