Ripon was founded over 1,300 years ago and is England’s third smallest city, famed for its striking Cathedral. The ancient centre is filled with shops, cafes and restaurants, while the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Studley Royal Park and Fountains Abbey is just three miles away. Its ease of accessibility and range of hospitality outlets makes it another exceptional host, and the rolling roads which surround it will make for spectacular time trialling.
- Follow @visitharrogate on Twitter and Facebook
- Ripon is the smallest city in Yorkshire but big on History. Walk around the City and take in the sites such as a gothic 7th Century cathedral, Statley homes & Abby spanning across many time peroids.
- Looking for something different? The Spa Gardens are a beautiful park with a selection of wood carvings featuring the characters from Lewis Carroll’s Alice in Wonderland as well as delightfully well-kept flower beds.
- If you have a nose and a palate for good quality local food, then you're in for a treat. Traditional butchers and bakers are in abundance here, and you'll want to stock up on Thomas the Bakers' award-winning Yorkshire curd tarts and the homemade breads from Davill's Bakers
- On a lovely sunny day there's nothing quite like taking a relaxing scenic stroll by the canal. Ripon Canal is one of the most northerly canals in England and has a fabulous circular walking route starting at Ripon Racecourse Marina
Ripon Fact File
- Population: 16,702
- Shire County: North Yorkshire
- Races that start in Ripon: Men U23 Individual Time Trial