Leeds is a thriving, passionate city, rich in culture and heritage. It is the country’s third largest city with a population of 800,000 and is currently one of the fastest growing cities in the UK. The contemporary economy of Leeds has been shaped by the desire to be a ’24-hour European City’ and ‘Capital of the North’. Leeds was the official start city of the Tour de France in 2014, and that honour has been bestowed once again for the concluding day of the 2019 UCI Road World Championships.
- Leeds has more listed buildings than any other city outside London. The built heritage here is one to marvel at and enjoy when strolling through the centre. Click here to find out more
- Leeds has a fantastic range of independent shops & businesses. Pick up a copy of Independent Leeds' Little Black book, free from a number of retailers across the city to find out more
- Follow @visitleeds on Twitter & Instagram and @loveleedsmore on Facebook
- Street Food is thriving in Leeds, Trinity Kitchen and Kirkgate Market will have you spoilt for choice.
- Leeds is one of the best cities in the UK for shopping - take some time out of the racing to enjoy a wonder round some of the Quarters arcades
Leeds Fact File
- Population: 800,000
- Shire county: West Yorkshire
- Races that start in Leeds: Men Elite Road Race