An historic market town situated at the southern edge of Yorkshire, Doncaster is renowned for its horse racing, rich railway heritage, and its wealth of Georgian and Regency architecture. Doncaster sits at the very heart of its borough and has more than enough to entertain the casual visitor. Huge crowds turned out to support the Tour de Yorkshire when stages finished here in 2016 and 2018, and they will be on hand again in support of the rainbow jersey.
- For the latest in all the events taking place around the racing click here.
- Visit the Wool Market in the market place for a wide variety of independent shops and eateries.
- Come see the start of the racing a the Doncaster Dome then take in the rest of the racing from a fan zone in nearby Thorne town centre
- Doncaster has excellent parking and rail connection click here to plan your visit.
- For further Traffic and Travel information including Road Closures please click here.
- Follow @MyDoncaster on Facebook & Twitter
Doncaster Fact File
- Population: 302,400
- Shire county: South Yorkshire
- Races that start or finish in Doncaster: Women Junior Road Race & Men U23 Road Race