Transport, Travel and Parking
The best place to plan your travel to and from the Championships is to use our Travel Map.
Spectator Car Parking
Spectator parking in Harrogate is on sale now! Book now and reserve your space at a discounted rate to avoid disappointment.
Our parking is located at The Yorkshire Showground, a short walk from the town centre and Fan Zone. There are limited shuttle buses in operation with a return ticket priced at just £2, we also have accessible shuttle buses in operation which will be free of charge.
Parking is located at The Yorkshire Showground, Harrogate, HG3 1JH.
Useful Information and Road Closures
Throughout the Championships there will be enhanced rail services running between Leeds, Harrogate and York, with up to four services an hour in each direction from Harrogate Station at peak times.
First and Last Trains
Monday to Saturday
First train Leeds to Harrogate: 06.05
First train Harrogate to Leeds: 06.03
Last trains Harrogate to Leeds: 22.43 and 23.16
First train York to Harrogate: 06.49
Last trains Harrogate to York: 22.04
First train Leeds to Harrogate: 09.02
First train Harrogate to Leeds: 09.22 and 09.41
Last trains Harrogate to Leeds: 22.18 and 23.12
First train York to Harrogate: 10.47
Last trains Harrogate to York: 21.40
Despite enhanced services running throughout the Championships it is anticipated that there will be high demand for rail travel.
- Plan ahead - check our timetables in advance of your journey and visit National Rail for tickets
- Leave extra time - look to leave a little earlier or later to avoid peak times on transport
- Bikes on trains - with the increase in passenger demand during the Championships, it may not always be possible to travel with bikes on trains. Please plan ahead and check with your local rail provider first.
- If you have accessibility requirements please follow the usual process and call ahead to book your travel with our team.
- Follow @nationalrailenq and @Y2019travel for the latest travel updates
For local services around Harrogate and Knaresborough, Transdev Blazefield offer regular services to Leeds, Pateley Bridge, Ripon and Wetherby. The company also runs services in and around Keighley and the Worth Valley and frequent services on the Coastliner between Leeds, Tadcaster, York, Malton, the North York Moors and the Yorkshire Coast.
Throughout the Championships Transdev will be running an enhanced number 36 service between Ripon, Harrogate and Leeds. With special Championships tickets available it is a great way to travel between the start towns and routes. For more information on timetables & tickets visit Transdev.
First and last bus times to Leeds:
• 0605 Monday to Friday
• 0700 on Saturday
• 0700 on Sunday
• 2220 Monday to Friday evening
• 0220 Saturday night (Sunday morning)
• 2220 Sunday evening
For help planning your journey, here are our top tips for travelling by bus:
- Plan ahead - check our timetables in advance of your journey and visit Harrogate Bus for tickets
- Check out our Championships Ticket offer at www.harrogatebus.co.uk
- Please note bikes will not be permitted on bus services during the World Road Cycling Championships
- Follow @harrogatebus and @Y2019travel for the latest travel updates
- Due to road closures your regular bus stop may temporarily move locations - check to see if your service has changes here.
Yorkshire has some of the best landscape and roads for cycling in the country. It's one of the best ways to freely and flexibly follow all the action across the UCI Road World Championships.
Harrogate has a comprehensive network of cycle routes and cycle-ways, many of which avoid traffic. Visit Open Harrogate for more information.
Although bikes will not be permitted into the Fan Zone, bike parking will be available close to the main entrance on Otley Road, just remember to bring your bike lock!
Rides to try
Each week in the run to the Championships, we will be publishing some great rides to try across Yorkshire, so get out there and explore beautiful Yorkshire by bike.
Travelling by air
Yorkshire is easily accessed by air with Leeds Bradford Airport located conveniently between Leeds, Bradford & Harrogate. With regular bus services from the airport and a number of local taxi companies located near by its ideally located for attending the World Championships. For more information on air travel click here.
Download day-by-day road closure maps
Due to the nature of the racing and subsequent road closures we've created day-by-day road closure maps. Download our detailed day-by-day road closure maps to help plan your journey and plan ahead.
Further Travel around Yorkshire
For more information click here.