Transport & Travel
The best place to plan your travel to and from the Championships is to use our Travel Map, click here for further information.
Spectator parking will be available in Harrogate with limited shuttle bus services in operation however, all parking sites are located within convenient walking distance from the town centre & fan zone. Parking tickets will be available to purchase via our website from July onwards, book in advance to secure a space at a discounted rate. Sign up to our news letter to be the first to hear when booking is launched.
For help planning your journey and full details on the road closures click here.
Throughout the Championships there will be enhanced rail services running between Leeds, Harrogate and York, with up to four services an hour in each direction from Harrogate Station at peak times.
First & Last Trains
Despite enhanced services running throughout the Championships it is anticipated that there will be high demand for rail travel. Take a look at our Top Tips for rail travel for help planning your journey during the Championships.
- Plan ahead - check our timetables in advance of your journey and visit National Rail for tickets
- Leave extra time - look to leave a little earlier or later to avoid peak times on transport
- Don’t travel with bikes on trains - with the increase in train demand during the championships we cannot allow bikes on trains within yorkshire. For all journeys outside of Yorkshire please check with your service provider.
- If you have accessibility requirements please follow the usual process and call ahead to book your travel with our team.
- Follow @nationalrailenq and @Y2019travel for the latest travel updates
For local services around Harrogate and Knarsborough, Transdev Blazefield offer regular services to Leeds, Pateley Bridge, Ripon and Wetherby. The company also runs services in and around Keighley and the Worth Valley and frequent services on the Coastliner between Leeds, Tadcaster, York, Malton, the North York Moors and the Yorkshire Coast.
Throughout the Championships Transdev will be running an enhanced number 36 service between Ripon, Harrogate and Leeds. With special Championships tickets available it is a great way to travel between the start towns and routes. For more information on timetables & tickets visit Transdev.
First & last bus times to Leeds:
• 0605 Monday to Friday
• 0700 on Saturday
• 0700 on Sunday
• 2220 Monday to Friday evening
• 0220 Saturday night (Sunday morning)
• 2220 Sunday evening
For help planning your journey, here are our top tips for travelling by bus:
- Plan ahead - check our timetables in advance of your journey and visit Harrogate Bus for tickets
- Check out our Championships Ticket offer at www.harrogatebus.co.uk
- Please note bikes will not be permitted on bus services during the World Road Cycling Championships
- Follow @harrogatebus and @Y2019travel for the latest travel updates
- Due to road closures your regular bus stop may temporarily move locations - check to see if your service has changes here.
Park & Ride
There will be limited park and ride services available from all spectator parking sites at a small cost. All parking locations are however located within convenient walking distance of Harrogate Town centre.
Yorkshire has some of the best landscape and roads for cycling in the country. Its one of the best ways to freely and flexibly follow all the action across the 2019 World Road Cycling Championships.
Harrogate has a comprehensive network of cycle routes and cycle-ways, many of which avoid traffic. Visit Open Harrogate for more information.
Although bikes will not be permitted into the fan zone, bike parking will be available close to the main entrance.
Rides to try
Each week in the run to the Championships, we will be publishing some great rides to try across Yorkshire, so get out there and explore beautiful Yorkshire by bike.
Travelling by air
Yorkshire is easily accessed by air with Leeds Bradford Airport located conveniently between Leeds, Bradford & Harrogate. With regular bus services from the airport and a number of local taxi companies located near by its ideally located for attending the World Championships. For more information on air travel click here.
Further Travel around Yorkshire
For more information click here.