The Fan Zone in Harrogate is closed today, and there will be no live music tonight.
Spectators are advised to consider the alternate viewing locations in Harrogate for the finish of the elite men’s road race this afternoon.
Open throughout the Championships, you can sit back and take it all in from our Fan Zone.
Saturday 21 Sept – 0900 to 2030
Sunday 22 Sept – 0900 to 1830
Monday 23 Sept – 0900 to 1830
Tuesday 24 Sept – 0900 to 1830
Wednesday 25 Sept – 1000 to 1830
Thursday 26 Sept – 1100 to 1830
Friday 27 Sept – 1000 to 2200
Saturday 28 Sept – 1000 to 2200
Sunday 29 Sept – CLOSED
*Please note times are subject to change
Visiting Harrogate and the Fan Zone
Fan Zone Map
Top tips for the Fan Zone
- Dress for the weather - Yorkshire in September? With our unpredictable weather patterns make sure you have warm & waterproof clothes with you.
- Keep bag size to under 25L (50 x 40 x 40cm) - bags larger than this will not be permitted to be brought in to the fan zone. View our full restricted items list here.
- Allow plenty of time for entry - know where your entrances are and the walking routes from transport hubs.
- Plan your journey - know when your last public transport is and book your parking early.
- Come with an empty stomach - With the very best quality curated food & drink options from across Yorkshire, UK and around the World you best be prepared for a feast.
Our Harrogate Fan Zone is the perfect place to immerse yourself in the racing and soak up the atmosphere. With free entry for the full duration of the Championships we will be showing all the racing on big screens throughout the week and every medal presentation on our main stage. However, it's not all about the cycling! We have a full programme of stage performances, roving and pop up performances and activations throughout the nine days.
On top of this the Fan Zone will feature the very best quality curated food and drink options, Interactive sponsor activations, come and try activities, traders village and official merchandise superstore.
If all this wasn’t enough come and join us on Saturday 21st for the opening ceremony following the Para-cycling races. Come and join us at this free event in celebrating the start of the World Championships.
There'll also be a selection of bands and acts performing on the Main Stage throughout the Championships including Jarvis Cocker, The Pigeon Detectives and The Feeling.
- Bulk food & drink items (picnics)
- Glass Bottles & Containers
- Bags exceeding 25L (50x40x40 cm)
- Bicycles, skateboards & Scooters
- Shelters & Tarpaulins
- Folding chairs
- Animals or Pets (service dogs exempt)
- Commercial Photography
- Balls & Inflatable items
- Laser Pointers
- Illegal Substances
- Hazardous Substances
- Ambush Marketing
- Protest Items
- Large Flags & Poles (over 1 x 2m)
*Please note that we cannot permit access into the Fan Zone to anyone under the age of 16 with out being accompanied by an adult.
- Empty plastic or metal bottles
- Small amounts of food for personal consumption
- Assistance Dogs
- Bags smaller than 25L (50x40x40cm)
Located on The Stray in the centre of Harrogate, the Fan Zone is easily accessed via variety of transport modes.
The Fan Zone is located within a short 10 minute walk from the Harrogate train station, simply follow the 'Fan Zone' wayfinding signs or ask one of our Yorkshire Team Volunteers for directions.
The Fan Zone is located within a short 10 minute walk from the Harrogate bus station, simply follow the 'Fan Zone' wayfinding signs or ask one of our Yorkshire Team Volunteers for directions.
There will be secure*, managed bike parking located adjacent to the Fan Zone off Otley Road. Bike parking is available on a first come first serve basis, spectators should bring their own bike locks as they will not be provided. Bikes will not be permitted into the Fan Zone.
*Please note that all bikes are left at the risk of the spectator.
Spectator parking is available to book here. Parking is limited so advance booking is advised. Parking facilities are located within convenient walking distance to the Fan Zone and race circuit.
Please dispose of your litter or take it away with you.